List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] bugzilla unscheduled downtime
From:       "Robin H. Johnson" <robbat2 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2008-08-24 23:09:10

On Mon, Aug 25, 2008 at 12:38:13AM +0200, Lukasz Damentko wrote:
> > Is it me or is bugzilla still down? Or has it gone down again? I can't
> > access it, nor can some of my friends.
> Please be patient. Robin is working on it at the moment. It's the same
> problem as yesterday.
No, it's not the same problem.

A set of 3 IPs from .nl were attacking now, and managed to tie up the
databases to their concurrent query limit, and cause both of the
database nodes to lock up their mysqld.

Looking at more of the traffic, I think that some new web worm is just
breaking onto the scene, and it's trying to abuse the forms to POST spam
and malware.

--=20
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux Developer & Infra Guy