List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Council Reminder for August 7
From:       Robert Buchholz <rbu () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2008-08-19 18:35:23

On Tuesday 19 August 2008, Mark Loeser wrote:
> I am not sure how we would be able to enforce this across the board
> for forcefully retired developers.

If we are talking policies, can someone please define the
term 'forecefully retired'? What about people whom had been complained
about to devrel, and who then resigned? Does it include people who are
retired due to inactivity?

What benifit does this proposal have over an enforcement of the CoC on
retired developers? If they choose to stay part of our community, any
misbehaviour can also be penalized using that document. If they choose
to stay and contribute properly, why ban them? I'm happy about all bugs
I get, even by the most evil compile persons.

Robert