List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev]  Re: About herds and their non-existant use
From:       Tiziano =?ISO-8859-1?Q?M=FCller?= <dev-zero () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2008-05-24 11:19:01

Ulrich Mueller wrote:

>> Changing your name because of technical difficulties? This is really
>> not the way to go. Systems have to be adjusted to meet our needs,
>> not the other way round (in case it is possible of course).
>
> +1
>
>> But nevertheless, it would be nice to have a common scheme as
>> pointed out by Flameeyes/Remi.
>
> But then it should be $HERD@gentoo.org rather than
> $HERD-$SUFFIX@gentoo.org, because the former is the most common case
> now (followed by $HERD-bugs@gentoo.org).
Which seems not to be possible because:
a) name clashes with system-accounts
b) common names are being spammed

> It would be quite pointless to change most teams' e-mail addresses in
> our documentation.
That's why we should be able to use something like
<team-alias>$TEAM</team-alias> which gets replaced by the proper mail-alias
in the XSL (and yes, we could then also inject something obfuscated instead
of the real email-alias :-)

Cheers,
Tiziano