List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-commits] gentoo-x86 commit in net-p2p/deluge:
From:       Rémi Cardona <remi () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-10-31 18:38:38

Marijn Schouten (hkBst) wrote:
> Donnie Berkholz wrote:
>> If you moved the filter-ldflags() call up to pkg_setup(), you could drop
>> src_compile() altogether to clean up the ebuild a little.
>
> Wouldn't that make binary packages cry?

In theory, autotools scripts allow users to set env variables only
during the configure phase. Running 'CFLAGS="blah" make' should be
exactly the same as runing make on its own.

So I'd go as far as saying that puting the filter-ldflags() in
src_compile() would not work.

As for what python distutils scripts do exactly ...

Rémi