List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Adding /etc/udev/rules.d/ to
From:       Philipp Riegger <lists () anderedomain ! de>
Date:       2007-08-31 17:31:58

On Fri, 2007-08-31 at 18:13 +0200, Tobias Klausmann wrote:
> I find the persisten-net-generator.rules particularly annoying
> (for various reasons including, but not limited to system images
> and system cloning).
>
> So I have an empty file of that name and happily nuke whatever
> comes along with udev updates. I could of course unmask that
> file if it were to be masked in the future.

       INSTALL_MASK = [space delimited list of file names]
              Use this variable if you want  to  selectively  prevent  certain
              files  from  being copied into your file system tree.  This does
              not work on symlinks, but only on actual files.  Useful  if  you
              wish to filter out files like HACKING.gz and TODO.gz.

Philipp