List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Python 2.5 unmasked
From:       Hans de Graaff <graaff () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-08-25 14:09:16

On Sat, 2007-08-25 at 14:53 +0100, Luis Medinas wrote:

> Definitly the python herd seems understaffed even ruby (as a much less
> popular language) has more members. This was a good week for the python
> herd nice job!

Obviously ruby is much more fun than python, so there should be more
people in the herd. ;-)

Having said that, herd size is not a good indication for the amount of
people actively committing and fixing bugs. With the ruby herd maybe
half the people have been active recently[1], for example.

I think it makes sense if people who aren't actively working in a herd
remove themselves from it. If you want to just keep monitoring what's
going on there is always the herd's email alias. Or am I overlooking
something here?

Kind regards,

Hans

1. With a generous definition of 'recent'