List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] New developer: Joe Peterson (lavajoe)
From:       Joe Peterson <lavajoe () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-05-31 21:57:42

Michael Cummings wrote:
>>    http://pluto.jhuapl.edu/
>
> Two thoughts come to mind of course. First and foremost is the quote
> from 2010 (Arthur C. Clarke, movie adaption), "All these worlds belong
> to you except Europa." Strike one (there's a photo of Europa from the
> fly-by).

Whew, it's lucky New Horizons flew by Jupiter before 2010!  :)  And
yeah, there have been more than one "gee, is that a monolith in that
image?" jokes over the past few months...

> And...but does it run linux??

The spacecraft doesn't...  But the ground systems do (at least *my*
ground systems!).

> (does this count as a weird response for email?)

Sure!  And the weirder the better!

					-Joe