List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [half-PROCTOLOGISTS] Re: [gentoo-dev] Bye Gentoo!
From:       "Stephen P. Becker" <spbecker () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-05-31 13:25:05

On Thu, 31 May 2007 14:58:00 +0200
Wernfried Haas <amne@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 03:35:20AM +0200, Bryan Østergaard wrote:
> > No matter how hard I try fighting for what I feel is right
> > we seem to end up with petty fights, flamewars or what I consider
> > even worse - people simply ignore what I'm working hard towards.
>
> On Thu, May 31, 2007 at 03:01:07AM +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> > Sad to see one of the few remaining sane people leave.
>
> I take this as a compliment to Bryan, but then still you are implying
> that most of the people here are not sane.
>
> I specifically also put in the quote by Bryan, because your comment in
> this thread seems to sum up the problem quite nicely. If we can't even
> have a thread where a developer leaves out of frustration without
> general insults from you, there may be the need for the proctors to do
> something about it. So please, be nice to other people.

This is an official anti-proctors
do-you-guys-really-nitpick-every-fucking-email-especially-ones-from-ciaran
post.  I specifically quoted the part where you were making a big deal out of nothing.

Seriously, if common sense within Gentoo has degraded to the point
where you have to puff your chests out about silly stuff like this,
then perhaps Ciaran is truly correct in his assessment of the general
(in)sanity of people.

-Steve