List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] irregular metdata.xml check
From:       "Radoslaw Stachowiak" <radek () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-05-27 14:30:15

On 27/05/07, Thilo Bangert <bangert@gentoo.org> wrote:
[...and many others...]

What I deeply miss from gentoo-dev mailing list is lack of  summary at
end of discussions. Current situation is that at the end of such
disputes very often (of course not always :) is still unclear if:
* decision has been made (and what it is)
* previous approach has been changed (or it hasn't, with pointer (URL) to it)
* documents were updated (to address change or to simply provide
better wording) w/ URLs
* nothing has been changed due to X, and next approach will be in X months.

It's even more difficult to grasp outcome for non native english speakers.

Solution I propose is, that author of the first post in a thread, who
started the discussion (if there was some discusion), should at end of
it (let's assume it's 3 days after last mail) write summary with those
4 points I outlined above. Simple and will help greatly to track later
decisions/changes, or postponed items.

--
radoslaw.