List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Ombudsman project ending
From:       Bryan =?utf-8?Q?=C3=98stergaard?= <kloeri () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-05-23 16:15:06

Hi all.

The Ombudsman project have grown thinner with some members leaving
Gentoo and others not having as much time for it as they used to.
Ombudsman and Developer Relations have therefore made a joint decision
to end the Ombudsman project and instead move conflict mediation to
Developer Relations itself.

It is our hope that the decision to close the Ombudsman project and
incorporate the mediation function more directly in Developer Relations
will help strengthen that part as more people will be able to help on
any given case.

We've made a few small changes to the Conflict Resolution policy to
reflect these changes and make sure that mediation is still an important
part of resolving conflicts. The updated policy is available at
http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/devrel/policy.xml.

Finally I'd like to thank Grant (g2boojum), Seemant and Michael
(marineam) for their great work as Ombudsman and welcome Michael as an
official member of Developer Relations conflict resolution team.

Regards,
Bryan Østergaard