List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] matrox.eclass
From:       Jakub Moc <jakub () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2007-01-28 12:09:42

Petteri Räty napsal(a):
> Luca Barbato wrote:
>> the ebuild remains since it could be necessary to uninstall old packages...
>>
>> so fixing SLOT is the correct solution.

Those packages that couldn't be installed since X.org (as opposed to
XFree) did hit the tree because the eclass just dies and for which no
driver can be downloaded? Lots of people must have those installed
apparently. :) You know, I already mentioned a couple of times that is
will work just fine with a dummy eclass (if someone has this crap
installed by some miracle) but we are so drowned in policies that this
doesn't go anywhere.

Maybe someone could at least punt the single unusable ebuild that
remains in the tree so that something marginally useful would come out
of this.

Thanks, bye.

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:jakub@gentoo.org
 GPG signature:
 http://subkeys.pgp.net:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature   ;)