List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Scheme herd team needs some love
From:       Patrick McLean <chutzpah () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2006-10-30 15:37:05

Matthew Kennedy wrote:
> No one is working on the Scheme herd in Gentoo.  scheme@gentoo.org
> includes only me, but I'm not doing anything with Scheme and don't
> really care to either.
>
> Several of our Scheme implementations in Portage are out of date,
> (chicken, gambit, drscheme, bigloo and, dare I mention, guile).

drscheme is not unmaintained or out of date, I am maintaining it. It has
only one open bug, which is an enhancement request for a feature that
doesn't compile in the current version.

A quick search found a bug in one of it's deps that was assigned to
scheme@g.o for some reason (the metadata.xml has the package assigned to
no-herd).