List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev]  Re: Delay in approval of new developers
From:       Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2006-09-22 18:54:12

On Fri, 2006-09-22 at 14:37 -0400, Alec Warner wrote:

> > You cannot allow things to get out of hand like they do. Everyone here
> > obviously wants to make gentoo better. However, NOT everyone has the right
> > to do so.
>
> Not everyone has the right?  I think the GPL would preclude that
> statement.  Not everyone has the *drive*, or the social skills, or the
> technical prowess; but we all have the right.  This is FOSS after all ;)

Ehh... The GPL doesn't say that *Gentoo* has to do something.  Yes, as
an individual, one has the right to take Gentoo's software and do Their
Own Thing(tm) with it, so long as they follow the GPL.  However, that
does not mean that Gentoo itself has to have any part in it.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering Strategic Lead