List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] GLEP 39 compliance
From:       Xavier Neys <neysx () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2006-08-30 22:00:45

Alec Warner wrote:
> Danny van Dyk wrote:
>> Am Mittwoch, 30. August 2006 14:26 schrieb Alec Warner:
>>
>>> Eselect, your project pages lists retired developers (Ciaran).[4]
>> Ciaran is the original Author, and he still helps more than ocassionally
>> with problems and bugs. I won't remove him from that page.
>>
>> As precedences, the Gentoo Handbook list of authors contains former
>> Gentoo devs.

Not just the handbook. Whenever any dev retires, all docs which he is credited
in should be updated with his new email, or no @gentoo.org email.
This has been mentioned on #gentoo-doc a few weeks ago.
Using the roll-call to replace the @gentoo.org email of a retired dev with his
new one or no email is on my todo list.

>> Danny
>
> The only problem is that it lists him as contactable by
> "nickname@gentoo.org" aka ciaran@gentoo.org which is false.
>
> I've actually wondered about this as well since I've been in projects as
> a non-dev and Treecleaners has non-devs.  Can we get some kind of
> modification to the <dev> tag for non-gentoo contributors?

Atm, using the <dev> implies the dev is listed in the roll-call.
The status can be tested to perform s/Member/Retired/
A fourth column with the email instead of the hardcoded text "All developers
can be reached by e-mail using nickname@gentoo.org." below the table is a
trivial thing to do.
Extending dev with something like
<dev role="Contributor" nick="fnord" email="foo.bar@fnord.tv">Mr. Foo
Bar</dev> would be no problem.

> I would agree with you that removing him would be immensely inconsiderate.

Once you guys have made up your mind, please do file a bug for me as I tend to
not read much of -dev. Thanks.

Wkr,
--
/  Xavier Neys