List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: aging ebuilds with unstable keywords -
From:       Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2006-07-29 19:03:28

On Fri, 2006-07-28 at 22:20 +0200, Matthias Bethke wrote:
> no reply, opened a bug (#140242) some two weeks ago---still nothing.

Everything prior to this was unlikely to get a response.  As for the
bug, two weeks is barely infancy for some bugs.

> Seems I'm not following some arcane protocol. I mean, I'd be fine with
> any comment.

Nope.  You're doing it all correctly now that you've filed a bug.

> "Your ebuild sucks, read $DOC and fix it"---Cool.
> "We don't have time for the three-and-a-half users of this package, just
> submit it for an overlay at $FOO"---Fine, I know what to do.
> "Mail $DEV and see to it that you get dev status yourself"---OK.
>
> Hum. Well, I've been subscribed here for a while to get a feeling for
> the dev process, and this seemed like a good opportunity. Maybe someone
> else can tell me where to start?

As I have said, you've done it right.  Now it is just up to the
maintainers to actually pick up the bug and work it.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead