List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev]  Re: [RFC] Useflags: qt, qt3, qt4?
From:       Carsten Lohrke <carlo () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2006-06-21 15:20:47

On Wednesday 21 June 2006 15:44, Stefan Schweizer wrote:
> qt3 and qt4 is being used there already and it is obvious

It's "nice" to invent new use flags affecting Qt stuff without contacting
those who care for Qt.

> > 2) A package requires either Qt3 or Qt4 (both not both?...such as
> > x11-libs/qwt-5).
>
> qt3 - enable optional qt3 support
> qt4 - enable optional qt4 support

That will be a mess to support in the long run. Let's go with that what works
better, prefer the latest version and be fine with it. I do agree with Caleb
to use the qt use flag for the latest supported version and in cases it is
really necessary to have an additional qt3 use flag.

Carsten