List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Security/QA Spring Cleaning
From:       Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2006-05-29 20:22:44

On Sun, 2006-05-28 at 14:20 -0400, Ned Ludd wrote:

Package: games-fps/cube Herd: games Maintainer: games

This will likely be removed soon, as upstream has abandoned it.

Package: games-fps/doomsday Herd: games Maintainer: games

Waiting on a new upstream release.  Upstream is active, so we expect one
some time soon.

Package: games-roguelike/falconseye Herd: games Maintainer: games
Package: games-roguelike/nethack Herd: games Maintainer: games
Package: games-roguelike/slashem Herd: games Maintainer: games

These three will be unmasked soon with a changed policy wrt games on
portage.

Package: games-strategy/scorched3d Herd: games Maintainer: games

Waiting for upstream.

Basically, we're keeping track of our masked packages as well as we can.
There are many times where we don't want to remove the package, knowing
that upstream will be coming out with a newer version "any day now" as
it tends to upset our users.

--=20
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead