List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] New installs of modular X and GTK apps failing
From:       Donnie Berkholz <spyderous () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2006-03-24 1:23:02

Hi all,

One big issue has come up with modular X, which is now fixed in
xorg-server 1.0.2-r1. The problem is that upstream released new versions
of a couple of extensions (composite and xfixes), but didn't release an
xorg-server including the updated knowledge of these extensions. The
code for this is in upstream CVS, however, so I've pulled it and added
it to our xorg-server ebuild. Since the composite library lacks any
version checking, this results in failures, primarily on GTK2 apps, with
BadRequests error messages.

In summary, if you just installed modular X and your apps are crashing
with BadRequests, emerge xorg-server 1.0.2-r1.

Thanks,
Donnie