List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Status of openhbci in Gentoo
From:       "Hanno =?utf-8?q?B=C3=B6ck?=" <mail () hboeck ! de>
Date:       2006-01-29 14:42:35

Hi,

Due to some notes that I have binary files in the tree on some packages I used
to maintain ages ago, I came to the fact that we still have openhbci in the
tree.

openhbci is a library for the german homebanking computer interface standard.
It has been replaced by the much advanced aqbanking.

We have three apps in the tree that use openhbci:
lxbank - seems to be still in development, but the ebuild is outdated for ages
and nobody ever cried about updated versions - so I just assume nobody uses
it.
aqmoney - commandline tool, not touched for ages, I assume the same
gnucash <= 1.8.9 - Can be removed as soon as alpha marks aqbanking + deps +
latest gnucash stable. Later gnucash-versions have switched to aqbanking.

So, my suggestion is to remove openhbci, openhbci-plugin-ddvcard, lxbank,
aqmoney and gnucash-1.8.9 soon.

If anybody is still using openhbci / has reasons to continue doing so, please
cry very loud NOW, else it will be removed.

cu,

--
Hanno Böck		Blog:   http://www.hboeck.de/
GPG: 3DBD3B20		Jabber: jabber@hboeck.de

"Was berechtigt eigentlich jeden Computerbesitzer, ungefragt seine Meinung
abzusondern?"
Jean-Remy von Matt