List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Putting qa warnings to a text file	instead	of	showing
From:       Kalin KOZHUHAROV <kalin () thinrope ! net>
Date:       2005-12-28 2:03:08

Lares Moreau wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-12-28 at 10:34 +0900, Kalin KOZHUHAROV wrote:
>
>> what about defining something like GENTOO_LEVEL="n00b|user|know_how|master|admin|dev|guru" in
>> make.conf? And act acording to this, but trying to move the user up a level or two most of the
>> time.
>

> This is what happens anyway, but it is called FEATURES :)

From `man make.conf`
       FEATURES = "sandbox ccache autoaddcvs"
              Defines actions portage takes by default.  These options should not be changed by
anyone but developers and/or maintainers.  'sandbox' is an  important  part  of FEATURES and should
not be disabled by default.  This is an incremental variable.

So I guess I am close to "developers and/or maintainers" as I change that on day 0 on any Gentoo box
I install :-)

s/'sandbox' is an  important  part  of FEATURES and should not be disabled by default/
'sandbox' is an  important  part  of FEATURES and should not be disabled by default (but disabled on
`emerge perl`)/g or die;

I still think, GENTOO_LEVEL is a better one though.

Kalin.

--
+-> http://ThinRope.net/ <-+