List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Split ELF Debug (defult or not?)
From:       Paul de Vrieze <pauldv () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-11-28 11:14:51

On Sunday 27 November 2005 16:30, Dan Meltzer wrote:
> Could this debug info be NFS shared? assuming like computers, or would
> it be different on each computer.

It is probably as shareable as normal library files are. Maybe there is
more in common, but if the source was different, the end result will be.
As much code contains conditionals based a.o. on the system architecture
built on, the information would probably be incorrect if e.g. generated
on a x86, but used on a ppc. I'm not an expert, so it might even be that
the information is incompatible, but I wouldn't expect it to (except from
endianess problems).

Paul

--
Paul de Vrieze