List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] manpages that requires dependencies
From:       "Diego 'Flameeyes' =?utf-8?q?Petten=C3=B2?=" <flameeyes () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-11-27 17:30:13

On Sunday 27 November 2005 17:49, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> A proper solution requires Portage changes. Unfortunately, for some
> packages waiting a year or more to fix something isn't an option.
Maybe not, if we just make man and info two useflags enabled by default in all
profiles and change one-by-one the ebuilds that installs man pages or info
manuals.
The info index regen can go in an eclass, as it's only needed for packages
that does install info pages, and they are not so many.

Not a simple way, but it would be clean on the long run.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE