List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev]  Re: last rites for avifile, vcr, zphoto, drip, divx4linux, quicktime4linux
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2005-11-27 10:18:08

Luca Barbato posted <438903F2.5030308@gentoo.org>, excerpted below,  on
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 01:55:14 +0100:

> Luca Barbato wrote:
> [snip]
>
> avifile will be removed tomorrow since mlt and mlt++ (required by jahshaka
> as avifile replacement) will be released tomorrow.
>
> If you are maintaining or using one of the packages in the list keep in
> mind that it will be removed in 24h if aren't avifile free.

I have very little idea what I'm talking about here, but that's why the
questions...

I have mjpegtools listed as dependant on avifile, and transcode dependant
on mjpegtools, and transcode installed for k3b.

Looking at the ebuild, the version hasn't been bumped, but it no longer
has the avi USE flag or avifile dependancy.  Shouldn't the -r# be bumped,
so folks don't end up with an mjpegtools that doesn't work, or is it not
cross-linked to a library, only calling an independant executable (avicap,
maybe?).   I don't see any indication that mjpegtools works with the
replacements?