List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Last rites for quicktime4linux
From:       "Diego 'Flameeyes' =?iso-8859-1?q?Petten=F2?=" <flameeyes () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-10-24 9:41:33

Also if Luca said 25 days at 15 october, I'd like to push for a quicker death
to quicktime4linux.

1.x version is unmainatined and had its bug, 2.0 had quite a bit of screwups
(was marked ~sparc, but required nasm!), it can be built only on Linux x86
and Linux AMD64 (and I don't trust the code enough to say it *works* on
AMD64), and 2.1 version has a 30MB tarball because upstream forgot to
remove .svn files...

I'll mask it and plan to remove it in one week. The default virtual/quicktime
provider is anyway libquicktime, that seems also more reliable.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE