List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] x86 arch team leads
From:       Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-09-30 13:17:14

On Fri, 2005-09-30 at 07:36 -0500, Mike Doty wrote:
> | Well, the x86 team has now chosen some leads so we can start getting
> | everything together as a team.  For our leads, we have chosen to have a
> | "committee" of 4 of us: halcy0n, solar, azarah, and wolf32o2.  We each
> | felt that we didn't have the time or experience to be able to handle
> | being a sole lead by ourselves.
> |
> | Just letting everyone know what is going on with the team.
> |
> | Mark
> Can you be a bit more specific?  Do each of you lead a particular part
> of the team, or do you all lead in general.  Also, who is the head(what
> would be refered to as strategic lead)?

We can't be much more specific because we haven't defined any roles.
Essentially, we're all working collaboratively to lead the group, and
are on a massive recruitment drive from within the dev ranks.  If you
want a point of contact, you can contact me.  I'm sure we'll fragment
off a bit into more specialized roles as we figure out what is going on
a bit better.  Basically, none of us have the time to dedicate solely to
running the x86 team, as we all have other projects which already takes
up a lot of our time.  There is no "head" per se, but as I said, you can
contact me if you need anything.  We pretty much feel that the arch team
doesn't need a "lead" so much, as there isn't really a "direction" to go
in, as an arch team is all QA/security/stabilization/releng.  There's
not much "strategic" about adding a keyword to packages and doing
testing.  The goal for us right now is to bring in some AT and pull in a
lot more developers as full arch devs, so we can fully meet the
expectations of an arch team.

--=20
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering - Strategic Lead