List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] default logger
From:       Jakub Moc <jakub () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-09-28 11:03:44

28.9.2005, 2:50:20, Alec Warner wrote:

> I think syslog-ng is a better logger, except the default configuration
> is pretty icky.  I would shoot for something better, even if it's in
> /usr/share.  I heard hardened's config is quite nice :)  At least
> provide an example of a config that sorts logging out into seperate
> files like most distro's do.

What about this one?

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/security/security-handbook.xml?part=1&chap=3#doc_chap4

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:jakub@gentoo.org
 GPG signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature ;)