List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re[2]: [gentoo-dev] Stabilization of new-style Apache
From:       Jakub Moc <jakub () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-09-24 14:23:17

24.9.2005, 16:14:41, Carsten Lohrke wrote:

> On Thursday 08 September 2005 03:48, Michael Stewart (vericgar) wrote:
>>  - A new gentoo-webroot that will eventually provide a gentoo-themed
>>    icon-set, error documents, and default website. This has been put in
>>    it's own package, and includes a USE-flag to not install the
>>    gentoo-webroot into /var/www/localhost - useful if you put your own
>>    website there.

> It's unfortunate that the apache herd decided to enable this by default -
> because you have no right to. We had a few treads about branding - and the
> outcome was always that the majority of devs was against any sort of it.

> Probably something the council should decide about.

I don't care about branding, but the no-htdocs thing makes me grumble, really.
Those flags are evil. :(

--
Best regards,

 Jakub Moc
 mailto:jakub@gentoo.org
 GPG signature: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xCEBA3D9E
 Primary key fingerprint: D2D7 933C 9BA1 C95B 2C95  B30F 8717 D5FD CEBA 3D9E

 ... still no signature ;)