List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev]  Re: Hold on portage feature requests
From:       R Hill <dirtyepic.sk () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-07-31 17:07:30

Alec Joseph Warner wrote:
> Donnie Berkholz wrote:
>>
>> Are you having a tough time filtering out enhancements in your queries
>> or something? I don't understand how feature requests could possibly
>> interfere with anything besides other enhancements.
>>

> Many of the enhancements aren't marked as such,

Then they should be. ;)  There's nothing wrong with reclassifying your
bugs to make it easier to manage them.  The features are there exactly
for this reason - so critical bugs don't get drowned out by less
important bugs or enhancement requests.  I guess it doesn't really
matter, but it would have been just as easy to set the severity of these
bugs to min or enh rather than close them, and then they would still
show up on a simple search.

The planned portage changes sound great.  I'll be looking forward to
seeing them in action. :)

--de.