List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] 2 new victims...err..devs:)
From:       Deedra Waters <dmwaters () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-07-26 1:19:49

Hi all,

I have two new devs to introduce tonight...
I meant to send this out sooner, sorry.

Jan Kundrát (jkt) has come to join Gentoo to assist in documentation
translation. (This is jkt's first open source project)

I'm from Czech Republic, country in the middle of old Europe, and I'm
trying
maintain Czech translation of Gentoo docs.

I'm studying high school (gymnasium), where I like things like math,
physics,
sport and breaks :-).

I enjoy riding bike (mainly longer trips, not downhill riding), skiing
(both
downhill and running); I love mountains, so I spend considerable amount
of
my
free time hiking and backpacking with my friends when weather and other
  factors
permit (not an issue as we don't care much about hailstones). I do enjoy
canoeing
(or how is that called - sailing on a river and sluices with a small
boat
for two
people, with baggage). And of course I also like going to pubs with
friends
and
chatting with them in the company of a good beer (Czech beer, of
course).

Ioannis Aslanidis (deathwing00)

Deathwing00 has come to join the gentoo team as a forums staff member.
Most of you have probably seen him in the forums and on irc already.:)

I was born in Drama, a northern town of Greece in 1983. I came to
Tarragona,
Spain with my parents in 1989 and I live in here since then. I usually
go on
summer holdays back to Greece to see my family.
I used to play basketball when I was younger and I still like it, though
rarely play...
As you have guessed, I am 22 years old and I need 1 more year to end my
5-year-degree, computer engineering at universitat rovira i virgili,
spain.
I've also done some research on Computer Science applied to Medicine
with a
successful result:
http://www.informatik.uni-trier.de/~ley/db/indices/a-tree/a/Aslanidis:Ioanni
s.html
Now I am doing my final year project on quantum computation from which I
expect good results.

--
Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
dmwaters@gentoo.org