List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Python stuff and CHOST Change don't agree
From:       Wolfgang Illmeyer <wolfgang.illmeyer () gmx ! net>
Date:       2005-04-29 22:28:08

Robin H. Johnson wrote:

>/sbin/fix_libtool_files.sh `gcc -dumpversion` --oldarch i386-pc-linux-gnu
>
>If that doesn't fix it, you get to keep the pieces.

I did that together with emerge gcc glibc binutils right after changing
the CHOST, everything but python-stuff worked

>Changing the CHOST on a live system is not to be taken lightly. It's
>somewhat benign on x86 boxes, but on other arches, it's practically
>suicidal.

Meanwhile I found out that libIDL had its CHOST hardcoded. The problem
wasn't about python. Remerging libIDL fixed it. I regret that I didn't
notice that before I did the emerge -e system.... I now have a working
solfege with

>/me recalls a stupid user that thought they could change from
>little-endian to big-endian by changing the CHOST.

Very interesting *g*

greetings
Wolfgang