List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] mirror stats update (important)
From:       Brian Harring <ferringb () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-04-27 4:36:18

Hola all.
The beast mirror stats xml page now lives at
http://dev.gentoo.org/distfile-mirroring/failure.xml
rather then my devspace.  The page will get overhauled to be a bit
better looking, and proper xml whenever I get the chance.

Aside from that, devs- if you have a files that you need kept on the
mirrors, despite no ebuild claiming it from the tree (freebsd's files
for gentoo-bsd is a perfect example), add the filename to
/space/distfiles-whitelist/current , which is a symlink to the current
month (2005-04 is the current link fex).

So... what does the date mean?  It means the file will be on the
mirrors for 6 months, and then no longer whitelisted.  Sorry, no
indefinite whitelisting (it'll bloat the mirror).  If you have files
whitelisted that you don't need on the mirrors anymore, just remove
any matching entry from /mnt/distfiles-whitelist/ files, and it'll be
removed w/in a week.

If your 6 month's are almost up, re-add the files to the current
month, and you'll have 6 more months.  Note, you best have a good
reason for doing this, indefinitely whitelisting files _will_ catch my
attention :)

I've added in the freebsd files I knew of for the bsd crew; please
follow the format I've used in the file-

# who added it (eg: who's responsible)
# what they're for, when they're expected to be removed
file1
file2
file3

If a line doesn't start with #, it's consider a file name.  One file
per line.  After adding an entry to the file, it's your responsibility
to ensure the file isn't listed for deletion (eg, check back in 24
hours).  I'll add a section for "these files are whitelisted" in the
next day or so.

If you have any questions, nows the time to ask.
~brian