List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Pluggable Hell Part 2: Fixing everything up!
From:       "Diego \"Flameeyes\" =?utf-8?q?Petten=C3=B2?=" <flameeyes () users ! berlios ! de>
Date:       2005-03-31 13:21:20

On Thursday 31 March 2005 16:10, Fabian Zeindl wrote:
> Are there anywhere more informations about OpenPAM? Because I read
> several threads about problems with Udev and PAM's console.perms. There
> are a few threads which suggest deinstalling PAM under Gentoo.
See my email of just a minute ago about pam_console.
console.perms is something related with pam_console which, as I said, is only
a workaround which does more bad than good things atm.

I'd like to see it off-the-tree, but as this is not practical, moving it out
of sys-libs/pam ebuild could be enough to have it safe for now.

Please note that is not enabled by default on recent systems.

About removing PAM, it's not practical in a recent linux system, but maybe
when openpam will be enough well integrated on gentoo it could be a good
alternative as it's way lighter and minimalist.

--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò
http://wwwstud.dsi.unive.it/~dpetteno/