List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] eclasses and EXPORT_FUNCTIONS
From:       Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2005-01-30 19:44:50

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 02:07:26 -0500 Mike Frysinger <vapier@gentoo.org>
wrote:
| i realize that writing your own eclass may be a bit of voodoo, but
| here's a  tip ... EXPORT_FUNCTIONS is only for the standard ebuild
| functions such as  pkg_setup and src_unpack and src_install
|
| it is NOT for things like 'db_fix_so' or 'vcards' or
| 'this_is_a_function_wont_you_stay_for_tea'
|
| feel free to fix your eclasses before i fix em :)

I just added error highlighting for duff EXPORT_FUNCTIONS values to
app-vim/gentoo-syntax, should be in the next release. For those of you
not using vim, maybe you should, it has cool stuff!

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Vim, Fluxbox, shell tools)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm