List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: developer beefs brought into the public
From:       Duncan <1i5t5.duncan () cox ! net>
Date:       2005-01-30 17:26:39

Brian Harring posted <20050130165848.GE19811@exodus>, excerpted below,  on
Sun, 30 Jan 2005 08:58:48 -0800:

> Hard to state.  If you hit those errors merging, report them.  Unmerging,
> the environment that could runs in is a bit faulty, so it's possible
> portage is being stupid/generating false positives. Basically, if I saw
> those messages on an unmerge, and the ebuild was recently added to the
> tree, I'd check the tree to see if that specific version still exists, and
> look for the errors portage spat.  It's possible they're still there,
> although again, entirely possible it's portage screwing up (likely imo)
> for unmerge related phases. ~brian

Thanks.  Makes good sense, now, even if I don't quite understand the
cached keys stuff.  I have some not-exactly-stable memory and... well
let's just say I'm thankful I have journaled file systems, because I end
up using those journals more than I'd like. Thus, it's quite possible
there's something screwed in the data used for unmerging.

Benjamin Franklin