List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Splitting up net-news
From:       Sven Wegener <swegener () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-12-31 1:50:52

Hi all,

currently we have a mixture of NNTP-related and RSS/Atom packages in
net-news. We have discussed in bug #74663 that the best is, to split
net-news up into net-nntp for NNTP-related packages and net-syndication
for RSS/Atom packages. All other RSS/Atom packages that are spread
throughout the tree would also be moved to net-syndication.

If there are no complains from our user and developer base, we're going to
start moving them in a couple of days.

Cheers,
Sven

--