List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Using g-cpan Was: PEAR and Smarty several versions
From:       Doug Goldstein <cardoe () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-12-29 4:28:19

Georgi Georgiev wrote:
> maillog: 29/12/2004-00:34:14(+0100): Sebastian Bergmann types
>
>> I will look at Smarty tomorrow. I am also working on a g-cpan.pl
>> equivalent for PEAR/PECL, but there is not much code, yet.
>

> Speaking of g-cpan, how does one update a package that they installed
> with the help of g-cpan?

Well, first off you should probably submit the to bugs.gentoo.org ebuild
for inclusion to portage, otherwise it will never get updated automatically.

Other then that, go to your /usr/local/portage/dev-perl/mypackage and
revision bump the file yourself. Rebuild the digest with a friendly
ebuild mypackage-2.1.0.ebuild digest and emerge -u mypackage.

I think there might be some little tool called ebump or something but
I'd rather do it by hand to verify everything myself.

--
Doug Goldstein
http://dev.gentoo.org/~cardoe

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x179106D0
Key fingerprint = 7001 5FBF BACE 9E66 3A1C  55E0 161C FF5C 1791 06D0