List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] earch, latest version tool
From:       Eldad Zack <eldad () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-10-31 14:09:48

On Sun, 2004-10-31 at 02:32, Lars Weiler wrote:
> * Eldad Zack <eldad@gentoo.org> [04/10/30 22:54 +0200]:
> > The archs keywords are not sorted, though, since I don't think it serves any
> > purpose. (But it can be done, quite easily)
> According to the last manager-meeting, the first mentioned
> arch in an ebuild should be the maintainer arch.  So they
> currently fulfill a purpose.  But we also talked about
> adding the maintainer arch to the metadata.xml.

Well it is a maintainer tool, unless someone was heavily drinking (and
in that case, stay away from the tree...) I think the maintainer should
know his arch...

> Nice tool!  Thanks.  Would be nicer if you can use it like
> etcat -v <package> without changing into the correct
> directory :)

I've uploaded a new version to my dev page to do just - that if you
supply an argument it'll work on PORTDIR/category/package, if invoked
without args, it scans the current dir.

$ earch net-analyzer/rrdtool
rrdtool-1.0.45-r2:  ia64
rrdtool-1.0.47:  alpha hppa amd64
rrdtool-1.0.48:  ~sparc
rrdtool-1.0.49:  ppc ~amd64 ~hppa x86 ~ia64 ~alpha sparc

--
Eldad Zack <eldad@gentoo.org>