List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
From:       Travis Tilley <lv () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-10-01 2:40:36

Tom Payne wrote:
> Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but I get the impression that the
> there's a misunderstanding here which seems to be the causing the
> disagreement.
>
> The system profile is /not/ the same as what's on the installation CD.

I dont think the livecd team was even -aware- of this change, and so
dhcpcd has only recently been added to the livecd specs. if you were to
use the same specs used to build the 2004.2 livecds now, they would
-not- have dhcpcd and would -not- be able to connect to the net that way.

<Lv> let me ask you... did you guys even KNOW about the dhcpcd change
right when it happened?
<zhen> not really
<zhen> we kinda stumbled onto it

so yeah... the only reason why the next livecds will work with dhcp is
because the livecd team ACCIDENTALLY found out about this change.

Travis Tilley
Gentoo/AMD64