List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
From:       Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-09-30 23:54:20

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 16:51:20 -0700 Jason Rhinelander
<jason@gossamer-threads.com> wrote:
| sys-devel/bc # Again, nice, but not necessary

Necessary. Needed to compile various fairly important things.

| it is really such a concern, wouldn't it be sufficient to add a 'dhcp'
| USE flag to baselayout?  If set, it could simply add
| virtual/dhcp-client to RDEPEND.

Yuck. I'm not a fan of USE flags which just pull in deps if they don't
alter what's actually installed. Now, if the dhcp code in baselayout was
optional (which it isn't and shouldn't be), a USE flag would make sense,
but for just pulling in another package? Bleh...

--
Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
Mail            : ciaranm at gentoo.org
Web             : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm