List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: removing dhcpcd from system???
From:       Dejan Nikic <dejann () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-29 19:05:28

I have a static DSL ISP, but I know of plenty of people that have
various provides that provide only DHCP.  This might work in an
enviroment that you know what's going on, but if you are connecting to
one of these big networks who knows what goes on and what will happen
if you try to asign an IP.  Also who's to say that the IP you're gona
use is not already used by another user on that network and it will
drop him/her off.  Now we don't want that, or do we? ;)