List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Wrote a FHS konformant Qt ebuild, opinions?
From:       Elfyn McBratney <beu () gnu ! org>
Date:       2004-09-28 11:36:49

On Tuesday 28 Sep 2004 02:21, Caleb Tennis wrote:
> > | Not exactly an upstream issue, as they use autokonfigury (at least in
> > | -free),
> > | so it defaults to /usr/local.  It's down to the distributors, in this
> > | case Gentoo, to set a precedent on it's destination in the filesystem,
> > | and FHS conformance.
>
> There's little chance of this changing for Qt 3; the destination
> directory is stimply too far gone to change at this point.  We may
> consider it for Qt 4, which will be coming very soon.  Filing a bug
> report is the best thing to do here, so the conversation can continue
> there.

heh, don't really care either way, just pointing out that it's not an upstream
issue ;-)  As long as it works (I quite like where it is now :-)

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney
beu on irc.freenode.net/savannah.[non]gnu.org

PGP Key ID: 0x456548B4
PGP Key Fingerprint:
  29D5 91BB 8748 7CC9 650F 31FE 6888 0C2A 4565 48B4