List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] vitrual/mpi
From:       Anton Starikov <antst () ifm ! liu ! se>
Date:       2004-08-31 12:34:22

Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
> On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 23:05:59 +0200 Anton Starikov <antst@ifm.liu.se>
> wrote:
> | What about adding one more virtual?
> |
> | There is couple ebuilds can provide MPI functionality (LAM and MPICH).
> | So, probably it is not so bad idea to add virtual.
>
> What needs it?

for example:

app-sci/gromacs
app-sci/tree-puzzle
app-sci/octave
app-sci/orsa

I think that  not all. It just fast grep in app-sci.
Now these ebuilds use LAM-MPI by default. MPICH is out of the game.

Moreover, now I'm preparing ebuilds for blacs and scalapack. They will
require mpi also.

Anton Starikov.