List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] app-rox category suggestion.
From:       Dylan Carlson <absinthe () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-07-29 18:01:36

On Thursday 29 July 2004 1:22 pm, Sergey Kuleshov wrote:
> Hello all!
>
> A while ago there was a bugs filed with a number of ebuilds for various
> rox tools (#51996). At the moment there are 23 ebuilds, including rox
> filer, rox-lib, OroboRox (rox wm) and various additional apps. My
> suggestion is to seprate them ino a separate category called app-rox.
>
> I think that too often rox is thought of like a simple file manager. In
> fact the project is much more ambitious and intends to create a
> powerfull, yet lightweight desktop environment. That's another eason,
> why I think it worths creating app-rox.

Great!  Another desktop environment! <g>  Seriously though, rox looks cool,
even though I doubt I'll ever use it myself.

Anything that has 20 or more packages related to it probably deserves its
own category... rox itself should probably be moved to x11-wm/ with the
supporting packages to app-rox/.  Just my suggestion.

Cheers,
Dylan Carlson [absinthe@gentoo.org]
Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x708E165F