List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Difference between PDEPEND and RDEPEND?
From:       Aron Griffis <agriffis () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-07-28 19:30:33

Alexander Holler wrote:	[Sun Jul 04 2004, 12:20:09PM EDT]
> >jstubbs wrote:
> >>foo:DEPEND="bar"
> >>bar:RDEPEND="baz"
> >>baz:DEPEND=""
>
> Then installing foo could be bar-foo-baz, bar-baz-foo or baz-bar-foo as
> I've written.

I'm sorry that I'm coming into this late, but jstubbs is correct.  The
order has to be one of baz-bar-foo or bar-baz-foo.  The reason is that
foo's DEPEND might require runtime behavior of bar, for example it
might need to execute bar as part of foo's build process.

Regards,
Aron

--
Aron Griffis