List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Bugzilla triage
From:       "Malte S. Stretz" <msquadrat.nospamplease () gmx ! net>
Date:       2004-07-28 14:11:54

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 12:23 CET Chris Bainbridge wrote:
> On Wednesday 28 July 2004 08:09, Tom Wesley wrote:
> > Is it useful to anyone for a user (ie, me) regularly query recently
> > added bugs and add comments like "This should not be blocker", "This is
> > not and enhancement" were they see fit?
> > I can't see that this would actually achieve a huge amount, as it would
> > simply generate mass emails without actually doing a lot of tidying of
> > bugzilla.
>
> Not that useful. If you're interested in categorising bugs apply for dev
> status and get the power to manipulate those fields yourself.

You don't even have to be a "real" dev.  Just ask somebody with enough karma
(preferably somebody who already knows previous contributions of yours) if
he would increase your Bugzilla powers, and if you've got a good past
record you'll probably get what you need.  At least that's how it worked
for me ;-)

Cheers,
Malte

--
[SGT] Simon G. Tatham: "How to Report Bugs Effectively"
      <http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/bugs.html>