List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Stage1 and dependencies
From:       Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2 () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-06-26 14:45:35

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 10:05, Jason Stubbs wrote:
> As I said, it's reasonable that apps outside of system don't need to depend on
> anything within system but stuff in system needs to be explicit about what it
> needs. However, if that's the choice that is made I suggest that there be a
> document stating explicity what the bare minimum that is that system must
> provide.

Ahh... I misunderstood.  Yes, everything in system should be very
explicit, as that resolves problems of dependencies changing.  Though I
do agree that it would be a good idea to have a defined set of "these
will always be provided by system" so we know what'll be available.

--
Chris Gianelloni
Release Engineering QA Manager/Games Developer