List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Question on /etc/crontab installed by vixie-cron-3.0.1-r4
From:       Paul Varner <gentoo-dev () varnerfamily ! org>
Date:       2004-03-31 16:42:28

I'm curious as to the reasoning for changing the line in /etc/crontab
from:

*/15  *  * * *  root    test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons && /usr/sbin/run-crons

to:

*  *  * * *  root    test -x /usr/sbin/run-crons && /usr/sbin/run-crons

Thus changing it to run every minute instead of every 15 minutes?

I've changed my /etc/crontab back to every 15 minutes, but I'm curious
why the reason for the change.  The Changelog doesn't state any reason
for the change and I see no bug reports stating a reason for the change.

Regards,
Paul