List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Alpha LiveCD available for testing
From:       Jay Maynard <jmaynard () conmicro ! cx>
Date:       2004-02-27 13:40:12

I've finally succeeded in building a LiveCD for the Alpha platform with
catalyst. The result, a 58 MB file, can be downloaded from
http://www.ibiblio.org/jmaynard/gentoo-alpha-1.4-test2-20040225.iso . Anyone
who's interested in Gentoo on the Alpha is invited to download and test it.

I've done some testing, but haven't tried installing a system with it yet.
It does boot, talk to the network, and see SCSI-attached disks without extra
parameters if they're attached to the controllers normally sold wiht Alpha
systems.

The CD was built with a zisofs filesystem. It has 3 kernels installed, one
for normal use, one intended for use with MILO for those systems that can't
run aboot for some reason, and one built specifically for the Jensen
platform.

I've created bug 43092 to add the specfiles and scripts to catalyst.