List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] reformatting a patch -- first ebuild
From:       Stuart Herbert <stuart () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-01-31 21:10:05

On Saturday 31 January 2004 9:03 pm, Jay Goodman Tamboli wrote:
> I'm trying to create an ebuild for streamripper that includes the HTTP
> authentication patch from
> <http://radsoft.com/~cdb/pub/streamripper-httpauth.patch>.  To get it to
> build, I had to download the patch, edit it to change "old" to "work.orig"
> and "new" to "work", bzip2 it, and put a fake url for it (with a .bz2 on
> the end) in the ebuild.  What's the best way to make this a usable ebuild?
> Put the fixed patch on my server?  Post it somewhere else?  Put a bunch of
> sed and shell commands in the ebuild so it can be pulled from the author's
> location?  Then, after it works, do I post the ebuild to bugs.gentoo.org?
> Thanks,
>
> /jgt

Post the working ebuild, and the patch file, to bugs.gentoo.org.  If it's
accepted, a Gentoo developer will (in all liklihood) add the patch file into
the 'files' directory for the package.

Stu
--
Stuart Herbert                                              stuart@gentoo.org
Gentoo Developer                                       http://www.gentoo.org/

GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319  C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C