List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS alternatives -- meta-cvs
From:       George Shapovalov <george () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-01-31 18:50:25

Hi guys.

I noticed osnews mentions an overview article of various kinds of VCS'es. It
does not really go into the scalability on any of these, so it is probably of
limited use to the issue at hand, but it seems to give a decent run over the
features of different systems.
Here is the link to the article:
http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2004/01/29/scm_overview.html

George

On Tuesday 27 January 2004 16:39, Grant Goodyear wrote:
> A recent thread discussed alternatives to CVS.  As our developers know
> all too well (but some -dev readers may not), the portage tree is kept
> in CVS, which serves us reasonably well until somebody wants to move
> files around, rename files, or create symbolic links, all of which are a
> real hassle.
[skipped]